I’m not huge on gifts. That’s not to say I won’t accept them. I guess I just prefer the gift of someone’s company to anything that can be purchased from a store. And I won’t turn down a beer either.
But since it’s my birthday week, I feel like I can get away with going down my wish list. I already have a few people committed to helping me with this; I hope you’re in too.
- Success in whatever we all strive to do. Let’s meet our goals. Let’s be as awesome as possible.
- More friendly moments. Let’s be nicer to store clerks, bank tellers, wait staff, people you pass on the street, census agents, and fellow drivers (even the morons).
- Honesty. If you can’t make it, don’t say you can. If you want to know if that outfit makes you look fat, be prepared to hear yes. Let’s be real.
- Nuclear disarmament. Hey! It’s my birthday wish list.
- More green moments. Let’s walk to the store. Hold your nose, empty, wash and recycle that old plastic dish in the fridge.
- A few more questions. Remember when conventional wisdom said the earth was flat? There’s gotta be more of that out there. Let’s find it!
- Love. Embrace the love you have. Extend the love you give.
The more we want for everyone, the more we will all have. I know this is my birthday wish list, but I’d like to think it benefits many. If you’re in, thanks for playing! If not, I hope to see you the next time the game comes around.