Recently, I was reading something in my horoscope that encouraged me to find peace in the small pauses, because my life was going to be full of activity, to the point of overwhelm at times.
Lord, isn’t that the truth!?!
Between finishing up an insurance claim for a bicycle accident, working with new clients, developing my business, editing my book and the holiday madness, I’m struggling to find a moment to breath. It’s not bad, just busy.
So, I made a list of things I can do that refresh me that take 15-20 minutes. Here’s what I have so far:
- 15 minute yoga (Love this one but am open to suggestions)
- Knit a round on Fran the Afghan (yes, I named my knitting)
- My daily 3-page journal entry
- Ride the bus
- Walk around the harbor
- Make a cup of tea and drink it (yum!)
- Say an artist’s prayer
- Photograph something pretty
- Read a chapter of my mindfulness book
- Close my eyes and focus on my breathing
- Take a shower
- Have a quickie (Surprise Sante!)
- Crochet more of my first giftwrap snowflake (yes I’m learning to crochet too)
- Write a poem
- Bake cookies or brownies
- Bike to the beach and run through the sand barefoot (or make sand angels)
- Spill out a not-very-edited blog post (like this one)
- Take the long way home on my bike
- Look for awesome rocks
- Mini collage!
- Eat a fruit or vegetable and sketch what I taste
- Pick a desk drawer and organize it (yes that helps me relax)
- Write a letter to a friend