When I think of wealth, a few things come to my mind. I envision fresh flowers in every room. Images of salt-water swimming pools and Spanish-style houses in the sun float through my brain. And I see berries. All kinds of berries.
And since it is hella-hot out there for many of my friends both in Europe and State-side, I thought I would share with you a recipe I have translated and adapted from this German one.
Plus it’s summer, which means berries are in high-supply, so we don’t have to be wealthy to make this fantastic gluten-free dessert. [click to continue…]
For the past six years I have become obsessed with the notion of empty space. Some might call it a quest for simplicity, but my grandpa’s a farmer so I see it more as weeding fields, clearing plots.
- From two jobs to one, I created empty evenings.
- From a one bedroom apartment to three suitcases, I moved into an empty bedroom.
- From 20 cigarettes a day to none, my lungs breathed more empty air.
- From monthly interactions with toxic people to rare sightings, I emptied drama from my present.
- From English to German, I realized how empty my vocabulary was.
- From bottles of wine to glasses of sparkling water, my body emptied of distraction and depression.
- From full-time to part-time employment, from countless job opportunities to few, I starved my ego’s desire for notoriety, emptying me of expectation. To a point 😉
I still want to be a famous writer; it’s feels like what I was born to do.
[click to continue…]